Why is Invisalign®️ Better than other aligner systems?
- Invisalign®️ has been used to treat over 11 million cases of misaligned teeth. This massive amount of clinical cases has given the Invisalign®️ clinical labs an enormous amount of research data. This data has been used to develop a computer algorithm that can safely, accurately, and predictably move your teeth correcting several different types of misaligned teeth conditions. This is Invisalign®️’s ClinCheck®️ software, that allows Dr. Yost, along with your input, to develop a custom, tooth movement plan to get the specific results that you want.
- Invisalign®️ uses SmartForce®️ attachments which are very small, tooth-colored shapes placed on the teeth. Instead of metal wires, bands, and brackets, these SmartForce attachments are different shapes and sizes which apply gentle forces on the teeth to move the teeth in the desired direction and amount of movement.
- Invisalign®️ aligners are made from a patented SmartTrack®️ material. 8 years of research and development went into this unique material. It makes the aligners more comfortable, better fitting, and able to apply more controlled and gentle forces on your teeth than aligners made from other materials
- Invisalign®️ treatment is completed under the supervised care of Dr. Yost every step of the way from start to finish. Many of the so-called “competitor” systems which claim to be cheaper treatment options, require you to take your own impressions of your teeth, monitor your own progress, and somehow determine for yourself if there is an underlying problem like bone loss. That is a lot of pressure for someone who did not go to dental school to learn all this.
Will Invisalign®️ Work For Me?
- Spaced (gapped) teeth
What Can I Expect?
- The first appointment is a consultation and evaluation appointment. You will meet with Dr. Yost to discuss concerns, complaints, and explain your desired results. Dr. Yost will then complete an evaluation of your teeth and explain the Invisalign®️ process to you.
- The next step, should you decide to proceed, is data gathering. This step includes taking an x-ray, some photographs, and impressions of your teeth. All of this is submitted to Invisalign®️ for the development of your custom treatment plan.
- Dr. Yost and Invisalign®️ will work together to finalize your custom treatment plan to address your concerns and move your teeth to your desired position.
- You will meet with Dr. Yost to review your custom ClinCheck®️ Invisalign®️ treatment plan. This review process uses 3-D imaging to show your teeth move from their current position to the straight, perfect smile you want. It will also reveal information like how many sets of aligners you have to wear, how long treatment will take, and how much it will cost.
- If you choose not to proceed with treatment at this time, that’s OK. No problem, you have 3 months to change your mind. If you are ready to start treatment, Dr. Yost will submit the order for Invisalign®️ to make your Invisalign®️ trays
- After approximately 2 weeks for your aligners to arrive, you will start treatment. At the first appointment, the attachments are placed on your teeth, and the first set of aligners are inserted onto your teeth.
- Each set of aligners is worn 24 hours a day, except to eat and brush your teeth. The aligners will feel tight at first, but as your teeth move, the tightness will stop. After 7 to 14 days, it’s time to move on to the next set of aligners. You are on your way to the smile you have always wanted!